The ECB ACO aim to develop competent umpires and scorers to control and guide cricket matches at every level 'From Playground to Test Arena'. The commitment from ECB is to provide a 'pathway' - to enable you to progress at whatever pace you prefer to whatever level you wish.
Benefits of Membership
- Insurance – be covered while you partake in any activites to do with officiating
- News – Regular newsletters with up to date and important information from the officiating world
- Education – New and comprehensive courses are available to all officials who wish to develop
- Membership Card – wallet sized card with useful information and contact details
- Licensed Clothing & Specialist Resources – quote your membership number on the Duncan Fearnley website or when you call them to purchase a wide range of merchandise and educational materials
Classes of Membership
- Full membership - includes full insurance cover and is open to anyone who is an active official on the field or off the field in the role of a trainer/assessor. Prospective members must have completed a vetting check.
- Associate membership - available to individuals who are no longer actively involved in umpiring/scoring. No insurance is provided and CRB clearance is not required.
- Young Officials membership - open to all in the age group 14-25. Full insurance cover will be provided once the member has reached their 16th birthday. They must have completed a vetting check and also if between the ages of 14-18, they must complete a Young Officials Form (attached).
EU Membership - includes full insurance cover and is open to anyone who is an active official on the field or off the field in the role of a trainer/assessor based in the EU. Prospective members do not have to complete a vetting check. (ICC Europe will be in charge of vetting before fixtures). Please see the ECB Insurance page for details of which European Countries are not members of the EU and therefore are not entitled to EU membership
Overseas Membership – is open to anyone who is based outside of the EU. No insurance is provided and CRB clearance is not required.
Full member - £30 direct debit, £32 cheque/credit card
Associate member (non active) - £15, £17
Young Officials member (14-25 years old) - £15, £17
EU member – €36 Euro Cheque/bank transfer/credit card
Overseas member - €18 Euro Cheque/bank transfer/credit card
Membership application process
Applications for membership can be submitted to the ACO Membership Team by completing the form attached. Direct Debit and Credit Card forms can be completed and sent in with an application form. Alternatively, please make cheques payable to 'ECB Association of Cricket Officials'.